IBEA CPDU Procedures for Affiliate Events
TO GIVE CPDU CREDITS AT YOUR LOCAL AFFILIATE MEETINGS THROUGH THE IBEA PROVIDER NUMBER FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Complete the Affiliate Call for Presenters form in this packet attached below (pages 1 and 2) and send to IBEA at least four weeks prior to your affiliate event for pre-approval to receive CPDU credits from IBEA. After approval, you will be given the IBEA approval number to use on your ISBE forms.
- The length of the presentation must be a minimum of one hour. This only includes the presentation and/or tour. It does not include other parts of your program and/or travel time to a tour.
- Keep a list of all persons that received professional development credits for your event and a copy of your program. Send a copy of the list of attendees and your program information to IBEA no later than one week following the meeting.
- Use the IBEA affiliate event evaluation form in this packet and have all participants complete this form immediately following the program. Those will need to be collected and turned in to IBEA no later than one week following the meeting.
- Give attendees the two official ISBE forms at your event. (Fillable .pdf forms can be downloaded from: http://www.isbe.net/licensure/html/forms.htm). Forms in this packet below are samples. The downloads below are the fillable forms from the ISBE site. Attendees keep the one with the approval number and must fill out and return the ISBE evaluation form to your affiliate. Send a copy of the completed ISBE evaluation forms to IBEA no later than one week following the meeting.
Send all materials listed above to both:
All post event materials should be submitted to IBEA within one week of your affiliate event. IBEA has to submit a summary of all of this on a special form to the state and then keep your material on file for seven years in order for your CPDU credits to count.